Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Little Something About Me

Hello everyone,especially make-up junkies out there! I'm Marlene a.k.a. Leng,a call center agent based in Manila, who loves to talk about make-up,skin care, cats, Japanese food and shopping.


I'm really not into make-up or skin care  before. I wash my face with my Silka Papaya soap and moisturize with my trusty Pond's Whitening cream,set it with my Johnson's baby powder, apply Chapstick on my lips and I'm good to go. But now:

  • I have various facial washes(Pond's,St. Ive's, Cetaphil) and I use them depending on my skin is acting.
  • I tone with Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner
  •  Apply Pond's serum and eye cream(Flawless White, Gold Radiance,Anti-ageing)
  • For moisturizers, I have one for day and one for night and an anti-ageing one (Pond's, St. Ive's)
  •  I apply primer, foundation,blush,eyeliner, contour depending on my mood, lip balm, lipstick and sometimes mascara.
  • I apply facial mask 3x a week,again depending on the condition of my skin.
  • I exfoliate 3x a week. (St. Ive's is the best so far :) )
My 2-minute routine before takes almost 20-30 minutes now. Michelle Phan is one of those who inspired me to be vain :)) I hate YouTube and Michelle Phan! (hahaha just kidding ) I'm Michelle's #1 fan.  I love her!


Just a quick history on why I've been into make-up lately.


It all started April 2012 when I was invited to my boyfriend's oath taking ceremony at the Manila Hotel. (He passed his Maritime Licensure exam at that time *proud girlfriend*) Since it's a very special occasion for him, I want to look extra special of course. I've attended special occasions before, Christmas Party at the office, my high school graduation, reunions, weddings , you name it all and I always had my make-up and hair done at a salon/parlor or I will ask assistance from one of our neighbor to do my make-up. It normally costs P500-P1000. So I said to myself, "Why not start a make-up collection?". A week before his special day, I just found myself browsing make-up tutorials on Youtube, visiting the make-up section at SM Cubao and Watson's. So from then, I've learned the basics of make-up.

That would be it for now, you'll get to know me as time goes by. I will be posting everything about make-up,skincare, my personal life and a li'l bit of fashion tips maybe?
Please bear with me, I'm new to this kind of stuff and don't be too harsh okay? So join me on my journey to beauty. Enjoy reading and God bless.

Disclaimer: All opinions that are going to beexpressed on this blog are my own,honest and unbiased. Unless otherwise specified, all products featured and/or reviewed on this blog were purchased with my hard-earned money.

Lotsalove,

Leng xx





No comments:

Post a Comment