Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review: Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

  
 


 

This blog post took me lots of time to think, guts and motivation since I'm not confident showing my bare face. So please be nice! Teehee! :))

I really hate having my monthly period because I'm really having a hard time taming my skin from acne and pimples. I mean, I believe every girl suffers from it right? Lucky you if you don't. Normally,I have 2-3 pimples before the red flag raises that pops out wherever they want.

I'm not the type of person who will browse products on the internet to check what are the best and worst on skincare, but when I turned 21, my skin broke out especially on my chin and jawline. I thought it's just a normal thing so I sticked to my usual routine and ignored it. Weeks have passed but when one of my acne dries,another one will pop out of nowhere. So I said to myself that I need to do something. I found this at MakeupAlley with a rating of 4.1, not bad eh? It's not available at local dept. stores or Watson's , but you can get yours at any Healthy Options SM Manila for Php398.



WHAT IT CLAIMS:

"Helps Dry Up Pimples, Rinse Away Blackheads and Shrink Enlarged Pores"
Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to help dry up pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth. Even for individuals who are fortunate to be free of skin problems, Mint Julep Masque is a refreshing facial treatment that helps relax tired muscles and ease tension lines on the face and neck.


Ingredients:
Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben.


 
Upon application, it smells like mint,obviously duh? hahaha but turns into a rubbery smell when it dries with a hint of mint. It's not unpleasant but if you have high expectations that it will smell great, well dont expect much.

 
Pampering myself ,relaxing. I'm sorry for this picture, I just got out of the shower.
 
 
 More camwhoring. Feeling maganda hahaha!

Pro's :

  • Dries fast, easy to apply and remove,just use warm water.
  • Nice packaging and hygienic
  • Pretty affordable because you're getting 8oz in the tube.
  • Brightened and smoothened my complexion
  • It didn't really reduced the size of my pores dramatically but you can see a slight difference.

Con's:

  • A slight tingling sensation but still comfortable
  • I have oily-combination skin so if you have dry skin,it might dry out your skin more,well you can use it as spot treatment or on your nose to remove all the gunk and oil.
  • It doesn't make the pimple go away completely, but it reduces the size of your pimple and redness especially for spot treatment and was left overnight.
  • Contains METHYLPARABEN :(

After washing my face,it's slightly red but uber smooth.
 
After applying my toner,serum,eye cream and moisturizer.


It's a good product if you want deep cleansing for your pores and dry your acnes, but it's not an HG product for me. I will still prefer my Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Face Mask mixed with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar over this. I will pick Queen Helene's if I dont have too much time to spend on my "At Home Facial" or a spot treatment since the latter requires mixing which is kinda messy or dirty. Don't be disappointed ladies, it's a good product, it's just not the best.

Have you tried this? What's your favorite mask?

Lotsalove,


Leng xx


No comments:

Post a Comment