Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Elf Tone Correcting Powder in Cool


I was looking for a good setting powder because first, I really have oily-combination skin so wearing foundation alone is big no-no for me , and it seems like nothing works for me, I've tried everything and my nose starts to produce oil and second, I really can't find what I'm looking for. I was eyeing on powders from Urban Decay and Cargo because I've seen great reviews on www.MakeUpAlley.com , unfortunately they're not available in my country (which sucks, how I wish we have Sephora here) and it's kinda pricey (pa wish wish pa ng Sephora eh can't afford naman pala hahaha!)



My new found love! Elf Tone Correcting Powder! I've been eyeing on this since I've been into make-up,because the colors are soooooo lovely,but ELF Philippines does not have this. Luckily, The Vanity Zone,a make-up store on Facebook.com carries ELF products that are not available at our major dept. stores. Since, I'm on a tight budget, I purchased this with no hesitation. I got this for Php200 plus a "meet-up" fee for Php25. This originally comes in 3 shades which are Shimmer, Warm and Cool which is the one that I have.
 
Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out skin tone and absorbs excess oil, and sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. The colors are meant to be blended together as the Blue neutralizes orange, the Green neutralizes red, the Pink neutralizes grey and the Yellow brightens and neutralizes red.

 


Back of the box. Description, how to use, ingredients, yada yada yada.
The packaging is so sleek and matte black, and I feel like I'm more matured when I have this,I don't know,I just do. It's similar to NARS packaging as other bloggers will say. I agree though I don't have any NARS product,but at least I've seen one.
The packaging again is so sleek, with a huge mirror. It does not come with an pplicator like a brush or a face sponge.

See how cute it is? I even don't want to use it since it just look so pretty and cute in the eyes. Reminds me of Easter
 
 
 
 
Yellow brightens and neutralizes red
Blue neutralizes orange
Green  neutralizes redness
Pink neutralizes gray/dullness to the skin
 
 
  • It's a translucent powder, finely milled and I like the texture a lot,when you swatch it on your hand, it has that sheerness or silky-feel (I know, I'm not good on describing things hahaha).
  • It doesn't deliver coverage at all so if you're looking for something to cover blemishes or post-acne scars,this might not work for you. But since I use liquid foundation almost everyday and concealer, I really don't need additional coverage.
  • Keeps my oil at bay for 3-5 hours.
  • It does not give you a cakey face but gives a ghastly white finish if too much is applied. It's too powdery,it's not well-pressed especially if you swirl your brush too hard,  you might hit pan ASAP. So swirl your brush gently.
  • I can hardly notice any smell. Seriously. No SPF.
  • Not available locally.
 
In my opinion and experience using this powder, the pink and yellow is perfect for setting your concealer on your undereyes, while the green neutralizes redness, so I put it on my cheeks or on the sides of my nose. For the blue, uhmm honestly just blend it together with the 3 colors and put in  on your entire face, so you're shine-free.This never broke me out, perfect for quick touch-ups,  balances the color of my skin. I will repurchase since it does a decent job.
 
So based on what it claims:
  • Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and health  It really made my face look more healthy and plump.
  •  
  • The lightweight formula evens out skin tone  I really don't think it did as what it claims on this part.
  •  Absorbs excess oil  It mattified my face instantly especially if I need to retouch it
  •  
  • Sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. It neutralizes my hyperpigmentations and redness on my cheeks and sides of the nose. Made my complexion healthier.
 
I'm still looking for a good setting powder though. Something that's affordable and available locally. Any suggestions make up junkies? :))
 

Lotsalove,

Leng xx

No comments:

Post a Comment